SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card Review:
The all new BPCL SBI Credit Card is a co-branded premium fuel credit card jointly launched by SBI Bank and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL). It is an International credit card that can be used at 24 million outlets worldwide and within India.
It is one of the best fuel credit cards available in the market because apart from having a low annual joining fee, it also provides accelerated reward points, value-back benefits, attractive milestone benefits and much more. This card is best suited for those who prefer Bharat Petroleum over other fuel providers. Daily purchase are now made easy with the card, customers simply wave the card at a secure reader for transaction.
SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card Benefits:
- No need to hand over the card or look for cash/coins for day-to-days trifle expenditure.
- While doing a contactless transaction since the card never leaves Users hand thus making the risk of fraud, card loss or skimming a quite less. Also with the unique security key feature of Visa Pay Wave, it is ensured that even after multiple waving of the card at the reader; only one transaction is made, making it secure and safe.
Being an International Credit Card, the card is widely accepted at over 24 million outlets, including 3, 25,000 outlets in India.
Facility to provide add-on cards for your family members provided they are above the age of 18 years old, and it is charge less.
Utility Bill Payment
All day to day bills that include stuffs like telephone bills, mobile bills, electricity bills can be paid very easily using the Easy Bill Pay Facility feature of the credit card.
Balance Transfer on EMI
1. Using the BPCL Octane SBI Card users can now save money while paying their credit card dues.
2. Users can transfer the outstanding balance of other bank’s credit card to BPCL credit card and later avail them at lower rate of interest and pay back in EMIs.
Customers can convert their transactions now into easy monthly installment using the Flexipay feature of this credit card.
A purchase of worth Rs.25, 00 or more done using this credit card can be converted into Flexipay within 30 days of purchase.
Easy Money Facility
Want to get money delivered to your doorsteps?
With the Easy Money Feature of SBI card, users will get a draft/cheque against their cash limit, which they can get delivered at their home.
SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card Privileges:
Get to know what you will be entitled to if you use this card
|Welcome Gift 1) 6000 bonus reward points which is equal to Rs.1500/- on payment of annual fee 2) Reward points will be credited to users within 30 days of annual fee payment.|
|Value Back Benefits Users will now be benefited by 7.25% value back, 25X Reward Points on fuel Purchase at BPCL fuel stations. (Max 2500 R.P per billing cycle).6.25% + 1% Fuel surcharge waiver on every BPCL transaction up to Rs.4000/-.|
|Reward Benefits 25 reward points on every Rs100/- spent at BPCL Fuel, Lubricants or Bharat gas spends10 reward points on every Rs.100/- spent at dinning, shopping, movies etc (up to 7500 reward points p.m.)|
|Fuel freedom benefits The 1% fuel surcharge is waived off if the transaction is up to Rs.4000/-Annual savings of Rs.1200/- is the benefit which comes from the maximum fuel surcharge waiver of Rs.100 per cycle per credit card account.|
|Lounge benefits 4 complimentary domestic lounge access per calendar year to ( 1 per quarter)|
|Milestone benefits E-Gift vouchers from Aditya Birla Fashion or Yatra or Bata/Hush Puppies ,worth Rs.2000/- on annual spends of Rs.3/- lakhs|
|Complimentary Fraud liability cover of Rs 1/- lakh|
|Spend Based fee reversal benefit Fee is waived for the next year if the annual spend is Rs2 /-lakh or above Redemption Instant redemption of reward points at selected BPCL petrol pumpsAlso reward points can be redeemed at shop & Smile Rewards catalogue.|
SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card Fees:
|Best Suited For||Fuel purchase|
|Joining Fees ( onetime)||Rs.1499/- + GST|
|Renewal fees for 1st and 2nd years (per annum)||Rs.1499/- + GST, for 1st year From 2nd year the fee is reversible if the annual spend is Rs.200, 000/- or more.|
|Add-on Card Charge||Nil|
|Finance Charges||Up to 3.5% p.m. (42% p.a.)|
|Cash Advance Limit||Up to 80% of the credit limit, maximum Rs.12,000 per day|
|Free Credit Period||Nil|
|Cheque Fees||Rs. 100/-|
|Card Replacement Fee||Rs.100/-|
|Foreign Currency Transaction Fees||Conversion markup : 3.5%|
|Late Payment Fees||Till Rs.500/-= Nil Rs501/- to Rs.1000/- = Rs.400/- Rs.1000/- to Rs.10,000/- = Rs.750/- Rs.10,000/- to Rs.25,000/- = Rs.950/- Rs.25,000/-to Rs.50,000/- = Rs.1100/- For amount greater than Rs.50,000/-= Rs1300/-|
SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card Eligibility:
1. Age must not be less than 21 years.
2 .A salaried, self employed or a business person with stable income.
3 .Must be able to produce all related documents needed.
SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card Documents:
|IDENTITY PROOF||PROOF OF ADDRESS||INCOME PROOF|
|Driving License||Aadhaar Card||Salary Slips|
|Aadhaar card||Voter ID||IT Returns|
How to apply for SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card?
1. Users can apply either through offline or online modes.
2. For online mode, one can visit the official site of SBI i.e. https://www.sbicard.com/en/personal/credit-cards/travel/bpcl-sbi-card-octane.page
3. For offline applications one can personally visit the nearby branch and contact a bank staff and get all the required details for the application of credit card.
4. In both cases, the availability of the documents required is a must and one must be able to produce the income proof.
SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card FAQs:
Q. How Credit Limits are assigned for the customers?
The credit limit for the customer is assigned after analyzing certain parameters .Those are—- their credit score, past payment history and records, cibil score, credit utilization ratio.
Q. What is the SBI credit card customer care number?
1800 180 1290 (toll free)
Q. How can we pay our bills using the BPCL SBI card?
1. Firstly, download the SBI card mobile app from either Google Playstore or Apple ios store, make an account and get a unique User ID, Password, save them for later use.
2. Click on PAY NOW, at the account summary page.
3. Enter Mobile number, Email ID
4. Select the desired amount
5. Select payment option and bank name.
6. Finally confirm the payment.
Q. Give reference of some similar credit cards available in the market?
SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card
Indian Oil Citi Platinum Credit Card
HDFC Bharat Cash back Credit Card
Indian Oil Axis Bank Credit Card
Indian Oil HDFC Bank Credit Card